Cartoon Network’s Young Justice returns on September 29 for the second half of season 2. I recently had the pleasure of catching up on the show in it’s entirety from the start of season 1 to the end of the end of part 1 of season 2. A lot has happen in 1 and a half seasons, in fact it’s about 6 1/2 years worth of story, so we here at BigDamnGeeks are going to do you a favor and give you the bullet points so that you are up to date on what’s going on in Young Justice!
1. In season one, Robin, Kid Flash and Aqualad (a new incarnation of the character) save Superboy from Cadmus Labs. He is a clone of Superman who also shares human DNA with Lex Luthor. He has Superman’s strength but not all his other abilities. For example, he can leap tall buildings in a single bound but not fly. These four are joined by Miss Martian to form “The Team.” They are sent on covert missions by Batman to do the jobs the Justice League can’t.
2. Speedy quits and becomes “Red Arrow” instead. Artemis joins the team, introduced as Green Arrows niece. We learn she in fact comes from a family of villains. Her mother is the now retired Huntress, her father is Sports Master, and her sister is Cheshire.
3. The Team learns of an evil organization out to take over the world. They are led to believe it’s the InJustice League, when really “The Light” is a group led by Lex Luthor, Vandal Savage, Rhas Al Ghul, Queen Bee, and a few others. The Light is behind the Mole on the Team who is revealed to be Red Arrow, a clone of the real Roy Harper.
4. Red Arrow gives access to the Justice League HQ to Vandal Savage who takes over the minds of the League. 6 members go missing for 16 hours that are unaccounted for after they are saved by the Team.
5. After the events of season 1, Season 2 jumps ahead 5 years into the future. Kid Flash and Artemis have retired. Robin has become Nightwing with Tim Drake taking over the role of Robin. Aqualad has joined the villains as a mole for the Team when we learn his father is actually the evil Black Manta.
6. Superboy and Miss Martian are no longer dating, Miss Martian is now dating Lagoon Boy.
7. Garfield, the boy saved by a blood transfusion from Miss Martian in season one, now has shape changing abilities and has joined the team as Beast Boy.
8. Aliens have secretly been invading Earth with stolen technology through out season 2. The Team has systematically taken them out only to learn that the Light and a secret partner are also bringing stolen tech to Earth.
9. Bart Allen, grandson of the Flash, has come back in time to Earth on a secret mission to change the future. He becomes “Impulse” and seems to have joined the team.
10. Nightwing, Aqualad, Kid Flash help Artemis fake her death before giving her a magic disguise so only they can recognize her. She leaves with Aqualad to go undercover it seems to help him discover who is the hidden partner of the Light.
So you’re caught up! You know the basics that will help you jump right into the mid season return of Young Justice! So get geared up for what is one of the best action cartoons on television right now as Young Justice returns September 29th!