With the end of HBOs Game Of Thrones approaching quickly, here is our recipe for Westeros Beer Bread! Brown and Blonde Ales do well for this type of bread, so keep that in mind when choosing your beers. Guinness works great as well. Enjoy for the last few episodes!!!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 12 oz. beer (In my recipe I used Newcastle Brown Ale for one loaf and a Local Brewery Ivanhoe Park Brewings Toboggan Blonde Ale for the second loaf)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard sized loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl add the self-rising flour, sugar and beer. Stir until combined. Pour into the loaf pan. Melt half of the butter in the microwave or stove top and pour over batter evenly.
- Place the loaf pan on the center of the rack and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and the center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted in the center of the loaf.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour over the while hot and still in the pan. Remove from pan and let cool for 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
To Make Your Own Self Rising Flour
Combine the following Ingredients:
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt